Elegoo Centauri Carbon

Started by JKnightandKARR, Jul 04, 2026, 10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granz

Yeah, I am using Elegoo Slicer. I can't figure out why you are having troubles with yours, mine has been working great. Are you using the Windows version? That is the only thing that I can think of that may be different from mine. I am using the Linux version.

JKnightandKARR

Quote from: granz on Sep 18, 2026, 10:30 PMYeah, I am using Elegoo Slicer. I can't figure out why you are having troubles with yours, mine has been working great. Are you using the Windows version? That is the only thing that I can think of that may be different from mine. I am using the Linux version.
Only option, actually, since the only Linux I have is Raspberry Pi. I checked the preloaded filament, which I've never changed; it said 210, so maybe there's another setting I missed??

granz

Yeah, it would be best if you change the hotend temp to match the filament that you are using. Hopefully that will clear up your clog troubles.

JKnightandKARR

Quote from: granz on Sep 19, 2026, 08:45 PMYeah, it would be best if you change the hotend temp to match the filament that you are using. Hopefully that will clear up your clog troubles.
That's actually what causes it... the 140, it supposed to be temporary, but I'll have to check it out with filament removed...

JKnightandKARR

I finally got the top printed for the case, printed ok, but it don't sit down all the way, so might need to adjust something.

JKnightandKARR

https://elegoo-downloads.oss-us-west-1.aliyuncs.com/download.elegoo.com/06%20FDM%20Printer/CANVAS%20for%20Centauri%20Carbon/CANVAS%20for%20Centauri%20Carbon%20User%20Manual-English-V1.1.pdf.pdf

My Canvas upgrade is here as of last night, here is the instructions on it, photos to come.  Sadly until I am better from my injury I will NOT be trying to install this, as currently I am limited to 10 lbs and I have to get to the bottom of the machine and access the control board.  While there, I'll probly add a 2nd power switch, to make power on MUCH easier since the switch is currently on the backside....

granz

Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Sep 26, 2026, 12:47 PMMy Canvas upgrade is here as of last night, here is the instructions on it, photos to come.  Sadly until I am better from my injury I will NOT be trying to install this, as currently I am limited to 10 lbs and I have to get to the bottom of the machine and access the control board. 
That looks interesting, let us know how you like it, and how difficult it is to install. It looks like I will be ordering one of these soon.

Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Sep 26, 2026, 12:47 PMWhile there, I'll probly add a 2nd power switch, to make power on MUCH easier since the switch is currently on the backside....
That seems like a good idea - moving the power switch to the front.

I currently have the Carbon, and the Voxel, plugged into the same power strip. Whenever there is lightning in the area, I can just unplug the one power strip and both printers are safe - the A1 is across the room, but it is easy to just reach through the frame and unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.


JKnightandKARR

Quote from: granz on Sep 26, 2026, 03:01 PM
Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Sep 26, 2026, 12:47 PMMy Canvas upgrade is here as of last night, here is the instructions on it, photos to come.  Sadly until I am better from my injury I will NOT be trying to install this, as currently I am limited to 10 lbs and I have to get to the bottom of the machine and access the control board. 
That looks interesting, let us know how you like it, and how difficult it is to install. It looks like I will be ordering one of these soon.

Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Sep 26, 2026, 12:47 PMWhile there, I'll probly add a 2nd power switch, to make power on MUCH easier since the switch is currently on the backside....
That seems like a good idea - moving the power switch to the front.

I currently have the Carbon, and the Voxel, plugged into the same power strip. Whenever there is lightning in the area, I can just unplug the one power strip and both printers are safe - the A1 is across the room, but it is easy to just reach through the frame and unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
I will, adds 4-in-1 color printing.  On the Neg. side, I gotta come up with a riser to allow me use of the glass top... Yeah, kinda a pain to reach back to get to it. Good idea to unplug them during storms.

JKnightandKARR

I found a video on installing the system into the printer, more time-consuming than it is hard.

JKnightandKARR

Interesting update:  Even though I am not able to install the Canvas system at this time, I have discovered an interesting thing on my CC printer....  On the back side, the instructions and the video I posted lists putting a cable into the system from underneath it, and putting it into the backside of the case, IF there is a hole there for said cable.  Well, not only do I have the hole for the cable, but there is ALSO the cable itself already installed... Does this mean my printer already had the Canvas installed at some point??  @granz On the backside of your Centauri Carbon, Near the trash chute, little below and to the left of it, does yours have said hole? If so, is there an existing cable?

granz

No, I don't see any holes back there. There is a pretty elaborate poop chute that covers quite a bit, though. That may be covering up the hole.



Unfortunately, the guy who had this printer before me glued his chute on and it looks like it may be difficult to remove it. He did the same to the filament spool holder on the side (with a very large base glued to the wall of the printer,) so mounting the four spool holders to my printer may be difficult, also. :(

JKnightandKARR

Quote from: granz on Today at 06:34 AMNo, I don't see any holes back there. There is a pretty elaborate poop chute that covers quite a bit, though. That may be covering up the hole.



Unfortunately, the guy who had this printer before me glued his chute on and it looks like it may be difficult to remove it. He did the same to the filament spool holder on the side (with a very large base glued to the wall of the printer,) so mounting the four spool holders to my printer may be difficult, also. :(
I'll try and see if the cable can be viewed from the inside.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk