Timex Sinclair 1000 repair

Started by JKnightandKARR, Jan 02, 2026, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKnightandKARR

Quote from: granz on May 26, 2026, 06:27 AM
Quote from: JKnightandKARR on May 26, 2026, 12:42 AMAlready got one and had my RGB keyboard working on my tablet. lol
Great, now, keep on keying on. ;D

I kind of figured that there was a good chance that you did have one. But they are so cheep that I just offered those links in case you didn't.
Though this is for a ZX Spectrum Emulator, so optional. Meanwhile, have to locate an old USB keyboard around here...

granz

Someone has a Spectrum emulator for the PicoCalc (https://forum.clockworkpi.com/t/zx-picocalc-sinclair-zx-spectrum-emulator/20323. It doesn't run under MMBASIC, but rather is a .UF2 file that runs directly on the Pico microprocessor on the PicoCalc.

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems interesting.

JKnightandKARR

Quote from: granz on May 26, 2026, 10:02 PMSomeone has a Spectrum emulator for the PicoCalc (https://forum.clockworkpi.com/t/zx-picocalc-sinclair-zx-spectrum-emulator/20323. It doesn't run under MMBASIC, but rather is a .UF2 file that runs directly on the Pico microprocessor on the PicoCalc.

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems interesting.
Interesting.

JKnightandKARR

Well. I have 2 tape player/recorders to use, one is a hand held one, needs recapped though, not much sound playing, wish I could get a schematic of it to make it easier... the 2nd is a dual tape deck from the old house stereo, just need dual adapters for the old large jacks.

JKnightandKARR

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/4049516/Sanyo-M1110.html#manual

I found my grandfather's old Sanyo M1110 Mini Cassette Recorder. Has jacks for Mic/headset, as well as internal mic/speaker, figured, this would be great for doing the ZX-81!  I just need to get it recapped I think, audio isn't good, so most likely caps.

Chris Savage

Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Oct 06, 2026, 11:03 PMI just need to get it recapped I think, audio isn't good, so most likely caps.

Recapping is always a good idea on old electronics, but have you tried cleaning the head on it?

                     Bringing concepts to life through engineering.

JKnightandKARR

#156
Quote from: Chris Savage on Today at 09:48 AM
Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Oct 06, 2026, 11:03 PMI just need to get it recapped I think, audio isn't good, so most likely caps.

Recapping is always a good idea on old electronics, but have you tried cleaning the head on it?
No, wouldn't hurt to, but caps still probly need redone.  After all, it is 40-50 yrs old...

EDIT: Cleaned the heads, and put batteries in, put a tape in and nothing from the ext speaker at all....

Chris Savage

Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Today at 02:59 PMEDIT: Cleaned the heads, and put batteries in, put a tape in and nothing from the ext speaker at all....

Wait...perhaps I am missing something. Does this thing have an internal speaker? Is that working?

                     Bringing concepts to life through engineering.

JKnightandKARR

Quote from: Chris Savage on Today at 03:15 PM
Quote from: JKnightandKARR on Today at 02:59 PMEDIT: Cleaned the heads, and put batteries in, put a tape in and nothing from the ext speaker at all....

Wait...perhaps I am missing something. Does this thing have an internal speaker? Is that working?
I meant internal, and no I heard nothing from it. Need to try n locate headphones or something I can plug in to see if the jack works.

JKnightandKARR

#159
@Chris Savage Ok, I grabbed a known good tape, and found the cable to connect the mini cassete recorder to my bluetooth headset, VERY VERY low audio from the headphones, and NONE from the speaker, I sent you photos of it btw. I did manage to locate a service manual with scrematics, link above, I wondered what the REM jack does, apperently all that does in interupt the power supplies.... worthless....

EDIT: I put the int speaker up to my ear. I can just BAIRLY hear  tbe musid playing, and I do mean BAIRLY.... An oscilloscope probly be the only thing that could hear it better. Lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk